Senior Living in 06385 (Waterford, CT)
- 06385 scores the same as the Waterford, CT average of 77.
- 06385 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06385 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Crossroads Place, New London Rehab and Care of Waterford, and Ahepa 250 II Senior Apartments.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including New London Country Club, Goose Run Golf Course at Naval Submarine Base, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Connecticut College Arboretum, Fort Trumbull State Park, and Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including St Ann Melkite Catholic Church, Temple Emanu-El, and Bartlett Robert H.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,690, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,136, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,567, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06385 has an average population density of 637.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.01%.