Senior Living in 06387 (Wauregan, CT)
- 06387 scores the same as the Wauregan, CT average of 72.
- 06387 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06387 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Creamery Brook Retirement Village, Pierce Mem Baptist Home, and Roseland Rch.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Brooklyn Country Club, Vineyard Valley Golf Course, and Foster Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Old Furnace State Park)..
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lourde Catholic Ch, Federated Church of Christ, and St John Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.19% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,972, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,091, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,662, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 06387 has a dense population density of 1,990.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.10%.