Senior Living in 06390 (Fishers Island, NY)
- 06390 scores the same as the Fishers Island, NY average of 87.
- 06390 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 06390 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital and Westerly Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Apple Rehab Mystic, Cottage at Stoneridge, and Academy Point at Mystic.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Hay Harbor Golf Club, Fishers Island Club, and The North Course at Goodwin Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Bluff Point State Park, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Union Baptist Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and St Patrick Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $123,712, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $151,250, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $56,808, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06390 has a very sparse population density of 58.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.