Senior Living in 06401 (Ansonia, CT)
- 06401 scores the same as the Ansonia, CT average of 70.
- 06401 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06401 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Griffin Hospital).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Birmingham Health Center, Marshall Lane Manor, and Hewitt Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Woodbridge Country Club, Oak Lane Country Club, and Highland Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Indian Well State Park, West Rock Ridge State Park, and Edgewood Park.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Christ Church Ansonia, St Joseph\'s Parish, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,329, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,250, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,645, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06401 has a dense population density of 3,203.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.28%.