Senior Living in 06403 (Beacon Falls, CT)
- 06403 scores the same as the Beacon Falls, CT average of 78.
- 06403 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06403 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Griffin Hospital, Saint Marys Hospital, and Waterbury Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow Brook Estates, Glendale Center, and Shady Knoll Health Center.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 161 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Woodhaven Country Club, Hop Brook Golf Course, and The Golf Club at Oxford Greens.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kettletown State Park and Indian Well State Park).
- There are 90 churches nearby, including St Michael\'s Roman Catholic, United Church, and Beacon Falls Congregational.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,505, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,469, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,132, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.32%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06403 has an average population density of 623.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.52%.