Senior Living in 06415 (Colchester, CT)
- 06415 scores the same as the Colchester, CT average of 63.
- 06415 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06415 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Apple Rehab Colchester, Colchester Commons, and Harrington Court.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Chanticlair Golf Club, Banner Lodge Country Club, and Fox Hopyard Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Devil\'s Hopyard State Park, Salmon River State Forest, and Machimoodus State Park.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Colchester Federated Church, St Andrew\'s Rectory, and Church Spirit of Unity.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,126, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,131, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,704, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06415 has a sparse population density of 309.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.34%.