Senior Living in 06417 (Deep River, CT)
- 06417 scores the same as the Deep River, CT average of 77.
- 06417 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06417 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Aaron Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, Chesterfields Health Care Center, and Meadowbrook Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Clinton Country Club, Black Hall Club, and Old Lyme Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Gillette Castle State Park, Chatfield Hollow State Park, and Cockaponset State Forest.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Congregational Church-Deep Rvr, All Saints Episcopal Church, and United Church of Chester.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,139, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,319, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,210, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.74%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06417 has a sparse population density of 342.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.64%.