Senior Living in 06419 (Killingworth, CT)
- 06419 scores the same as the Killingworth, CT average of 80.
- 06419 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06419 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Chester Village West, Aaron Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Hearth at Tuxis Pond.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Madison Country Club, Clinton Country Club, and Guilford Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Chatfield Hollow State Park, Cockaponset State Forest, and Hammonasset Beach State Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including St Lawrence Church, Congregational Church-Klngwrth, and St Margaret Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $129,612, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $105,764, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,831, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06419 has a sparse population density of 184.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.07%.