Senior Living in 06420 (Salem, CT)
- 06420 scores the same as the Salem, CT average of 77.
- 06420 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06420 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (William W Backus Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Colchester Commons, Apple Rehab Colchester, and Hillcrest by JENSEN Communities.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Chanticlair Golf Club, Fox Hopyard Golf Club, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Devil\'s Hopyard State Park, Nehantic State Forest, and Gillette Castle State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Congregational Church of Salem, Our Lady of the Lakes Church, and Bozrah Centre Congregational.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $113,488, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,155, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,490, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 06420 has a sparse population density of 143.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.38%.