Senior Living in 06443 (Madison, CT)
- 06443 scores the same as the Madison, CT average of 73.
- 06443 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06443 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Madison House, Apple Rehab Guilford, and Hearth at Tuxis Pond.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Madison Country Club, Guilford Lakes Golf Course, and Clinton Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Chatfield Hollow State Park and Hammonasset Beach State Park).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Temple Beth Tikvah, St Margaret Rc Church, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $137,154, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,609, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,173, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.17%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06443 has an average population density of 505.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.92%.