Senior Living in 06444 (Marion, CT)
- 06444 scores the same as the Marion, CT average of 84.
- 06444 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06444 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, Saint Marys Hospital, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in the area, including Alzheimers Resource Center of Connecticut, Mulberry Gardens of Southington, and The Rosegarden Health and Rehab Center.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 94 golf courses nearby, including Farmingbury Hills Golf Club, Southington Country Club, and Pine Valley Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 89 churches nearby, including St Aloysius Church, Mary Our Queen Church, and Holy Trinity Polish Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06444 has an average population density of 562.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.