Senior Living in 06450 (Meriden, CT)
- 06450 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Meriden, CT.
- 06450 scores lower than the Meriden, CT average of 67.
- 06450 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06450 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Midstate Medical Center, Masonic Home And Hospital, and Gaylord Hospital.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Westfield , Corner House, and Miller Memorial Community, Inc..
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Hunter Golf Club, Jones Course at Lyman Orchards Golf Club, and Indian Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wadsworth falls State Park.)..
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Mount Hebron Baptist Church, and Bible Way Church Worldwide.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,395, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,459, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,951, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.84%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06450 has a dense population density of 2,600.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.98%.