Senior Living in 06451 (Meriden, CT)
- 06451 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the highest of any zip code in Meriden, CT.
- 06451 scores the same as the Meriden, CT average of 67.
- 06451 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06451 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Midstate Medical Center, Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, and Masonic Home And Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including The Village at Kensington Place, Curtis Home - St Elizabeth Cen, and The Bradley Home and Pavillion.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Hunter Golf Club, Timberlin Golf Club, and Shuttle Meadow Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including Grace Fellowship Christian Ctr, St Joseph Rectory, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,200, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,029, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,665, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.48%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06451 has a dense population density of 2,497.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.34%.