Senior Living in 06457 (Middletown, CT)
- 06457 scores the same as the Middletown, CT average of 67.
- 06457 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06457 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Middlesex Hospital, Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Riverview Hospital For Child.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Water\'s Edge Center For Health and Rehab, Apple Rehab Middletown, and Heritage Commons.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Miner Hills Family Golf, LLC, Jones Course at Lyman Orchards Golf Club, and Indian Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wadsworth falls State Park.)..
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Fellowship Baptist Church, Shiloh Mssnry Baptist Church, and Harvill Moses L.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,251, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,966, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,850, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.34%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06457 has an average population density of 1,161.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.69%.