Senior Living in 06461 (Milford, CT)
- 06461 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Milford, CT.
- 06461 scores higher than the Milford, CT average of 77.
- 06461 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06461 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Milford Hospital, Inc and Va Connecticut Healthcare Syst).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including West River Health Care Center, Carriage Green at Milford, and Carriage Green at Milford.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Orchard\'s, The, Great River Golf Club, and Mill Stone Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Silver Sands State Park)..
- There are 55 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ-Devon, Grace Baptist Church, and Cornerstone Christian Ctr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,584, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,024, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,606, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06461 has a dense population density of 1,512.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.93%.