Senior Living in 06471 (North Branford, CT)
- 06471 scores the same as the North Branford, CT average of 80.
- 06471 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06471 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (The Connecticut Hospice and Conn Mental Health Center).
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Woods, The Guilford House, and The Gables at Guilford.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Twin Lakes Golf Course, Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club, and Guilford Lakes Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (East Rock Park)..
- There are 56 churches nearby, including North Branford Congregational, Branford Bible Chapel, and Zion Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,834, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,559, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,992, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06471 has an average population density of 857.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.21%.