Senior Living in 06472 (Northford, CT)
- 06472 scores the same as the Northford, CT average of 83.
- 06472 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06472 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Masonic Home And Hospital, Gaylord Hospital, and Conn Mental Health Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Village Green of Wallingford Rehab and Health Center, Twin Maples Healthcare, and Regency House of Wallingford I.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 163 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Twin Lakes Golf Course, Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, The, and Farms Country Club, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sleeping Giant State Park)..
- There are 68 churches nearby, including Northford Congregational Chr, St Monica\'s Church, and North Branford Congregational.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,433, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,870, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,041, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.90%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06472 has a sparse population density of 419.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.47%.