Senior Living in 06475 (Old Saybrook, CT)
- 06475 scores the same as the Old Saybrook, CT average of 77.
- 06475 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06475 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Essex Meadows Health Center, Gladeview Rehabilitation Health Care Center, and Meadowbrook Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Old Lyme Country Club, Black Hall Club, and Clinton Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Florence Griswold Museum and Gillette Castle State Park).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Grace Episcopal Church, St John\'s Rc Church, and St Paul Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,046, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,347, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,266, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06475 has an average population density of 680.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.01%.