Senior Living in 06478 (Oxford, CT)
- 06478 scores the same as the Oxford, CT average of 72.
- 06478 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06478 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Village at Oxford Greens, The Hearth at Southbury, and Pomperaug Woods Health Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including The Golf Club at Oxford Greens, Eighteen Hole Course at Heritage Village Course, and Gainfield Farms Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kettletown State Park and Indian Well State Park).
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, Christ Church, and St Thomas the Apostle Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $124,706, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,122, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,495, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06478 has a sparse population density of 387.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.28%.