Senior Living in 06479 (Plantsville, CT)
- 06479 scores the same as the Plantsville, CT average of 76.
- 06479 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06479 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center and Midstate Medical Center).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Alzheimers Resource Center of Connecticut, Mulberry Gardens of Southington, and The Summit at Plantsville.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Pine Valley Golf Club, Southington Country Club, and Hawk???s Landing Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Baha\'i Faith, St Aloysius Church, and Mary Our Queen Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,688, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,154, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,271, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06479 has an average population density of 1,417.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.25%.