Senior Living in 06480 (Portland, CT)
- 06480 scores the same as the Portland, CT average of 80.
- 06480 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06480 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Saint Francis Care Behavioral, Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Riverview Hospital For Child.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Greystone Retirement Home, Portland Care and Rehab Center, Inc., and Cobalt Lodge Health Care and Reh.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Quarry Ridge Golf Club, Portland Golf Club, and Glastonbury Hills Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum and Wadsworth falls State Park.).
- There are 55 churches nearby, including St Mary Church, Zion Lutheran Church Elca, and Trinity Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,102, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,438, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,622, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06480 has a sparse population density of 407.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.34%.