Senior Living in 06481 (Rockfall, CT)
- 06481 scores the same as the Rockfall, CT average of 87.
- 06481 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06481 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Riverview Hospital For Child, Middlesex Hospital, and Connecticut Valley Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Commons, Wadsworth Glen Health Care Cen, and Apple Rehab Middletown.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 171 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Jones Course at Lyman Orchards Golf Club, Indian Springs Golf Club, and Miner Hills Family Golf, LLC.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wadsworth falls State Park.)..
- There are 91 churches nearby, including United Churches of Durham, Victory Tabernacle Church, and Middlefield Federated Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,358, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,042, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,307, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.18%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06481 has an average population density of 710.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.46%.