Senior Living in 06482 (Sandy Hook, CT)
- 06482 scores the same as the Sandy Hook, CT average of 70.
- 06482 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06482 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including MasoniCare at Newtown, Masonicare at Newtown, and River Glen Health Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Newtown Country Club, Rock Ridge Country Club, and Gainfield Farms Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Kettletown State Park, Huntington State Park, and Indian Well State Park.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Village Lights of Bethel, Trinity Episcopal Church, and Christ the King Lutheran Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $143,088, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,451, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,657, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06482 has an average population density of 567.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.36%.