Senior Living in 06483 (Seymour, CT)
- 06483 scores the same as the Seymour, CT average of 73.
- 06483 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06483 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Griffin Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Shady Knoll Health Center, Birmingham Health Center, and Marshall Lane Manor.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including The Golf Club at Oxford Greens, Oak Lane Country Club, and Woodbridge Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Indian Well State Park)..
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Trinity Episcopal Church, and St Augustine\'s Lower Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,684, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,482, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,466, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06483 has an average population density of 1,139.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.85%.