Senior Living in 06492 (Wallingford, CT)
- 06492 scores the same as the Wallingford, CT average of 72.
- 06492 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06492 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Masonic Home And Hospital, Gaylord Hospital, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Regency House of Wallingford I, Masonicare Health Center, and Masonicare.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Wallingford Country Club, Farms Country Club, The, and Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sleeping Giant State Park)..
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Church of Resurrection, First Baptist Church, and Heritage Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,546, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,699, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,422, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06492 has an average population density of 1,144.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.25%.