Senior Living in 06510 (New Haven, CT)
- 06510 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in New Haven, CT.
- 06510 scores higher than the New Haven, CT average of 62.
- 06510 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06510 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Yale-new Haven Hospital, Hospital Of St Raphael, and Yale-new Haven Psych Hosp.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Senior Care Development, llc, Goodwin-Levine Adult Day Health Center, and Grimes Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (11% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Course at Yale, The, New Haven Country Club, and Alling Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including New Haven Green, Marsh Botanic Gardens, and East Rock Park.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Trinity Church On the Green, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Christ Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,008, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,262, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,788, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.54%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06510 has a very dense population density of 11,356.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.36%.