Senior Living in 06511 (New Haven, CT)
- 06511 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in New Haven, CT.
- 06511 scores lower than the New Haven, CT average of 62.
- 06511 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06511 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Of St Raphael, Yale-new Haven Hospital, and Yale-new Haven Psych Hosp.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Senior Care Development, llc, Grimes Center, and Goodwin-Levine Adult Day Health Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Course at Yale, The, New Haven Country Club, and Alling Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Marsh Botanic Gardens, New Haven Green, and East Rock Park.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including First Calvary Baptist Church, St Matthews Unison Free Will, and Union Temple Fwb Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,723, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,826, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,201, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06511 has a very dense population density of 9,041.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.61%.