Senior Living in 06518 (Hamden, CT)
- 06518 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Hamden, CT.
- 06518 scores lower than the Hamden, CT average of 74.
- 06518 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06518 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Masonic Home And Hospital and Gaylord Hospital).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Whitney Manor Conv Center, Elim Park , and Hamden Health Care Center.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Sleeping Giant Golf Course, Meadowbrook Country Club, and Woodhaven Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sleeping Giant State Park)..
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Mount Carmel Congregational, and St Joan of Arc Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,498, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,368, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,024, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06518 has an average population density of 1,211.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.22%.