Senior Living in 06519 (New Haven, CT)
- 06519 has a SeniorScore® of 56, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in New Haven, CT.
- 06519 scores lower than the New Haven, CT average of 62.
- 06519 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06519 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Yale-new Haven Psych Hosp, Yale-new Haven Hospital, and Hospital Of St Raphael.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Goodwin-Levine Adult Day Health Center, Continuum of Care, and Grimes Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Course at Yale, The, New Haven Country Club, and Alling Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (New Haven Green and Marsh Botanic Gardens).
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Sons of Charity, St Anthony\'s Church, and Star of Jacob Christian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,963, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,103, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,236, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.43%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06519 has a very dense population density of 9,831.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.31%.