Senior Living in 06524 (Bethany, CT)
- 06524 scores the same as the Bethany, CT average of 86.
- 06524 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06524 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Griffin Hospital, Saint Marys Hospital, and Hospital Of St Raphael.
- There are 86 senior living facilities in the area, including Shady Knoll Health Center, Beacon Brook Health Center, and Glendale Center.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 59 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 389 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 97 golf courses nearby, including Woodhaven Country Club, Sleeping Giant Golf Course, and Meadowbrook Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Sleeping Giant State Park, West Rock Ridge State Park, and Edgewood Park.
- There are 221 churches nearby, including First Church of Christ, Christ Episcopal Church, and St Michael\'s Roman Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $124,990, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,579, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,906, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.91%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06524 has a sparse population density of 263.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.76%.