Senior Living in 06606 (Bridgeport, CT)
- 06606 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Bridgeport, CT.
- 06606 scores the same as the Bridgeport, CT average of 58.
- 06606 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06606 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Vincent\'s Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Northbridge Health Care Center, The Watermark at 3030 Park, and Bridges By Epoch at Trumbull.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Brooklawn Country Club, Black Course at D. Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course, and Tashua Knolls Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Bless Gospel Music, St Andrew Church, and Refuge Temple Church of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,213, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,082, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,826, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.85%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06606 has a very dense population density of 8,741.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.75%.