Senior Living in 06608 (Bridgeport, CT)
- 06608 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Bridgeport, CT.
- 06608 scores lower than the Bridgeport, CT average of 58.
- 06608 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06608 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bridgeport Hospital and Southwest Ct Mental Hlth Syst).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Barnum House, Bridgeport Manor, and Bishop Curtis Homes East Bpt.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Brooklawn Country Club, Black Course at D. Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course, and Mill River Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Seaside Park)..
- There are 61 churches nearby, including St Charles Rectory, Our Lady of Fatima Catholic, and Holy Rosary Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,615, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,546, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,004, which is in the top 96% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.81%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06608 has a very dense population density of 13,234.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 57.61%.