Senior Living in 06708 (Waterbury, CT)
- 06708 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the highest of any zip code in Waterbury, CT.
- 06708 scores higher than the Waterbury, CT average of 61.
- 06708 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06708 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Waterbury Hospital and Saint Marys Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Mattatuck Health Care Facility, Grove Manor Nursing Home, and Abbott Terrace Health Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Waterbury, East Mountain Golf Course, and Highfield Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 78 churches nearby, including St John\'s Ev Lutheran Church, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Rectory, and Blessed Sacrament Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,305, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,380, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,838, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.63%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06708 has a dense population density of 3,100.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.24%.