Senior Living in 06710 (Waterbury, CT)
- 06710 has a SeniorScore® of 54, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Waterbury, CT.
- 06710 scores significantly lower than the Waterbury, CT average of 61.
- 06710 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06710 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Waterbury Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Mattatuck Health Care Facility, Grove Manor Nursing Home, and Abbott Terrace Health Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Waterbury, East Mountain Golf Course, and Farmingbury Hills Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including New Life of Waterbury Church, First Lutheran Church Elca, and St Margaret\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,706, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,375, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,369, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.49%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06710 has a very dense population density of 10,867.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.94%.