Senior Living in 06712 (Prospect, CT)
- 06712 scores the same as the Prospect, CT average of 79.
- 06712 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06712 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Marys Hospital and Waterbury Hospital).
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Paradigm Healthcare Center of Prospect, The Village at East Farms, and The Rosegarden Health and Rehab Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 89 golf courses nearby, including Highland Greens Golf Course, East Mountain Golf Course, and Farmingbury Hills Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sleeping Giant State Park)..
- There are 94 churches nearby, including Bethel Baptist Church, Prospect Congregational Church, and Our Lady of Fatima Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $113,968, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,631, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,460, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.22%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 06712 has an average population density of 658.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.44%.