Senior Living in 06750 (Bantam, CT)
- 06750 scores the same as the Bantam, CT average of 78.
- 06750 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06750 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wellspring Foundation).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Brandywine Senior Living, Rose Haven, Ltd, and Rose Haven.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Stonybrook Golf Course, Litchfield Country Club, and Lake Waramaug Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mount Tom State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center, and Wyantenock State Forest.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Grace Church, Our Lady of Grace Church Chr, and St Anthony of Padua Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,910, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,417, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,763, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.75%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06750 has a sparse population density of 194.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.65%.