Senior Living in 06756 (Goshen, CT)
- 06756 scores the same as the Goshen, CT average of 81.
- 06756 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06756 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Charlotte Hungerford Hospital and Sharon Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Litchfield Hills, Litchfield Woods Health Care C, and Torrington Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Eastwood Country Club, Stonybrook Golf Course, and Litchfield Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Wyantenock State Forest, Burr Pond State Park, and Housatonic Meadows State Park.
- There are 47 churches nearby, including St Thomas Rectory, Church of Christ Congregationa, and St Peter\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,504, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,125, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,981, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06756 has a very sparse population density of 79.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.88%.