Senior Living in 06776 (New Milford, CT)
- 06776 scores the same as the New Milford, CT average of 66.
- 06776 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06776 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (New Milford Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Candlewood Valley Health and Rehabilatation Center, Village Crest Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Glen Ayre Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Candlewood Valley Country Club, Washington Golf Club, and Harlem Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve and Mount Bushnell State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Bible Baptist Church, St Francis Xavier\'s Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,718, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,091, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,040, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06776 has a sparse population density of 483.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.72%.