Senior Living in 06783 (Roxbury, CT)
- 06783 scores the same as the Roxbury, CT average of 85.
- 06783 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06783 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including New Milford Hospital, Wellspring Foundation, and Waterbury Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Bernhardt Meadows Senior Residence, The Watermark at East Hill, and Lutheran Home of Southbury.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 113 golf courses nearby, including Washington Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Heritage Village Course, and Gainfield Farms Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve, Mount Tom State Park, and Mount Bushnell State Park.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Roxbury Congregational Church, Christ Church, and Bridgewater Congregational Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $145,423, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,833, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $62,357, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06783 has a very sparse population density of 86.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.91%.