Senior Living in 06784 (Sherman, CT)
- 06784 scores the same as the Sherman, CT average of 78.
- 06784 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06784 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (New Milford Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Village Crest Center For Health and Rehabilitation, Glen Ayre Apartments, and Candlewood Valley Health and Rehabilatation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Quaker Hill Country Club, Dutcher Golf Course, and Candlewood Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve, Camp Ramah in the Berkshires, and Mount Bushnell State Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Holy Trinity Church, Sherman Congregational Church, and St John\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,886, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,181, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,494, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06784 has a sparse population density of 159.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.61%.