Senior Living in 06787 (Thomaston, CT)
- 06787 scores the same as the Thomaston, CT average of 75.
- 06787 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06787 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Wellspring Foundation and Bristol Hospital).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Cook Willow Convalescent Health Center, Watertown Convalarium, and Rose Haven, Ltd.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Watertown Golf Club, Crestbrook Park Golf Course, and Watertown Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Black Rock State Park and White Memorial Conservation Center).
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Our Savior Lutheran Church, St Thomas Parish Ctr, and Covenant Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,338, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,982, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,512, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06787 has an average population density of 651.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.92%.