Senior Living in 06790 (Torrington, CT)
- 06790 scores the same as the Torrington, CT average of 66.
- 06790 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06790 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Charlotte Hungerford Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Litchfield Hills, The Workman, and Litchfield Woods Health Care C.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Eastwood Country Club, Stonybrook Golf Course, and Litchfield Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Burr Pond State Park)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Boratko Ronald Reverend, St Maron\'s Church, and St Peter\'s Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,348, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,782, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,543, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.21%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06790 has an average population density of 877.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.30%.