Senior Living in 06791 (Harwinton, CT)
- 06791 scores the same as the Harwinton, CT average of 83.
- 06791 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06791 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and Bristol Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Paradigm Healthcare Center of Torrington, Torrington Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Cook Willow Convalescent Health Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Torrington Country Club, Torrington Country Club, and Fairview Farm Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Black Rock State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center, and Burr Pond State Park.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including Harwinton Congregational Chr, Immaculate Heart of Mary, and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,618, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,486, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,912, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 06791 has a sparse population density of 183.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.78%.