Senior Living in 06807 (Cos Cob, CT)
- 06807 scores the same as the Cos Cob, CT average of 79.
- 06807 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06807 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Greenwich Hospital Association, Stamford Hospital, and New York United Hosp Med Ctr.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgehill , Witherell, Nathaniel, and The Parsonage Cottage Senior Residence.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 133 golf courses nearby, including Burning Tree Country Club, Greenwich Country Club, and Milbrook Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens)..
- There are 87 churches nearby, including St Catherine of Siena, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Christ Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $213,191, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $140,208, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $80,629, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06807 has a dense population density of 2,273.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.04%.