Senior Living in 06810 (Danbury, CT)
- 06810 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Danbury, CT.
- 06810 scores lower than the Danbury, CT average of 68.
- 06810 scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06810 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Danbury Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint John Paul I I Center, Filosa, For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Hancock Hall.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Richter Park Golf Course, Ridgewood Country Club, and Ridgefield Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tarrywile Park & Mansion, Putnam Memorial State Park, and Huntington State Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including St Anthony\'s Maronite Rite, Brazilian Assembly-god-danbury, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,498, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,732, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,303, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06810 has a dense population density of 2,389.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.14%.