Senior Living in 06811 (Danbury, CT)
- 06811 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Danbury, CT.
- 06811 scores higher than the Danbury, CT average of 68.
- 06811 scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06811 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Danbury Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookside Rest Home, Hancock Hall, and Filosa, For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Richter Park Golf Course, Ridgewood Country Club, and Vails Grove Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Tarrywile Park & Mansion)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Colonial Hills Baptist Church, Saint Gregory the Great Church, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,459, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,765, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,772, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06811 has an average population density of 1,480.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.90%.