Senior Living in 06830 (Greenwich, CT)
- 06830 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Greenwich, CT.
- 06830 scores lower than the Greenwich, CT average of 80.
- 06830 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06830 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Greenwich Hospital Association, New York United Hosp Med Ctr, and Stamford Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Witherell, Nathaniel, The Parsonage Cottage Senior Residence, and The Mews Senior Living.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 139 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 137 golf courses nearby, including Burning Tree Country Club, Milbrook Club, and Greenwich Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 68 churches nearby, including St Agnes Rectory, Greenwich Baptist Church, and Christ Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $235,059, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,990, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $91,225, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06830 has a dense population density of 1,767.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.03%.