Senior Living in 06831 (Greenwich, CT)
- 06831 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Greenwich, CT.
- 06831 scores higher than the Greenwich, CT average of 80.
- 06831 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06831 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Greenwich Hospital Association, New York United Hosp Med Ctr, and Stamford Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Comfort Keepers of Lower Fairfield County, The Parsonage Cottage Senior Residence, and Greenwich Woods Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 250 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 160 golf courses nearby, including Fairview Country Club, Griffith E. Harris Golf Course, and Round Hill Club, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens and Mianus River Gorge Preserve).
- There are 124 churches nearby, including Round Hill Community Church, St Pauls Roman Catholic Church, and St Barnabas Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $262,960, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $122,413, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $97,915, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06831 has an average population density of 537.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.31%.