Senior Living in 06840 (New Canaan, CT)
- 06840 scores the same as the New Canaan, CT average of 81.
- 06840 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06840 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Silver Hill Hospital, Norwalk Hospital Association, and Norwalk Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Waveny Care Center, Waveny LifeCare Network, and Lourdes Health Care Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 166 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 127 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of New Canaan, Sier Crest Course at Silvermine Golf Club, and Oak Hills Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including New Canaan Nature Center, Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, and Earthplace.
- There are 107 churches nearby, including St Aloysius Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and St Michael\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $290,226, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $191,750, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $99,016, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.92%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06840 has an average population density of 889.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.24%.