Senior Living in 06850 (Norwalk, CT)
- 06850 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Norwalk, CT.
- 06850 scores the same as the Norwalk, CT average of 75.
- 06850 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06850 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Norwalk Hospital Association, Norwalk Hospital, and Silver Hill Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Cassena Care at Norwalk, Notre Dame Convalescent Home I, and Elderhouse.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 99 golf courses nearby, including Oak Hills Park Golf Course, Sier Crest Course at Silvermine Golf Club, and Shorehaven Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including New Canaan Nature Center, Earthplace, and Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Bethel Ame Church, Temple Shalom, and Saint Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,374, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,564, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,029, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.25%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06850 has a dense population density of 2,694.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.48%.